a HUGE Thank you to our Sponsors this year
Some Photos from the day
Photos courteous of Ladina Photography.
Some more beautiful photos of the day can be found further down, keep scrolling.
Hop in and join us for a fun family day.
Walk the ‘bridge to bridge’ around Lake Burley Griffin and you will help raise awareness and much needed funds for people with Epilepsy.
We look forward to a wonderful day with your support!
Where: Commonwealth Place, Lake Burley Griffin – this is the grassed area next to Questacon.
When: Sunday 22nd March 2020
Start Time: Between 9am and 12 Noon, self paced so please come at your own time
Distance: 5kms, Bridge to Bridge around Lake Burley Griffin – Route Map 2020
|Entry Type||Early Bird Registration |
(inc hat and drink bottle) *
|Standard Online |
(closes Friday 20 March 2020)
|On The Day Registration |
(opens at 9.15am)
|Family (4 Individuals)||$95||$95||$120|
* Early Bird Registrations have closed
Parking Map: available here Parking Map
Food and Drink: Coffee van, sausage sizzle, drinks available
Accessibility: The Walk for Epilepsy course is fully accessible to mobility scooters, wheelchairs and prams. Dogs on leads are also welcome.
Enquiries: Phone 02 6287 4555
Prizes & Activities
We have heaps of fabulous prizes thanks to our sponsors.
Dont forget to wear purple!
We will be giving out vouchers for the following categories:
Most purple-ist outfit
Mosy Quirky clothes or hair style
and many more……
Weather and Corona Virus Update
Weather – if bad weather occurs we will still go ahead with some changes. If the weather is dangerous the WALK will be postponed to another date.
We’re really excited about the Walk for Epilepsy and have been taking all steps to ensure the event can go ahead safely. The event is still planned for Sunday 22 March 2020 at Commonwealth Place, Parkes with some changes and measures in place to reduce risk of COVID-19 spread.
The Department of Health advise that all events of 500 people or more are not to go ahead. As of 1pm on Monday 16 March 2020, there are less than 120 people registered for the walk for Epilepsy in Canberra and as we are not expecting big numbers we have made some changes to help keep our participants able to attend.
Changes made to the event:
- – Jumping castle has been cancelled
- – Face painting is now Balloon modeling
- – Please register online before Friday 20 March this will allow less shared physical objects (i.e. pens) when filling out registration forms and keeping withing guidelines of social distancing.
- – A self-paced staggered start. We are inviting participanst to attend the walk in their own time, between the times of 9am and 12pm allowing little to no crowding and limited close contact. Please come to Commonwealth Place to get your hat and drink bottle and let us know you are participating. The walk takes approximately 1 hour and is 5km in length. We encourage social distancing during this time.
- – Your behaviour at the Walk is essential, with advice from the Department of Health we suggest the following behaviours:
- Please do not attend if you are unwell
- Cover mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze.
- Please use bins provided and put used tissues in the bin straight away
- Wash hands with soap and water often
- Use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available.
- Try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell
- Do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean
- Do not attend if you have been to a higher risk country or been exposed to someone with COVID-19 in the past two weeks.
- – All surfaces and objects will be cleaned regularly with disinfectant and we encourage participants to use the personal hygiene table, stocked with hand sanitiser and other products.
For more information please try these websites or phone numbers:
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Resources: www.health.gov.au/covid19-resources
Coronavirus (COVID-19) advice for public gatherings and visits to vulnerable groups: https://www.health.gov.au/news/health-alerts/novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov-health-alert/coronavirus-covid-19-advice-for-public-gatherings-and-visits-to-vulnerable-groups
Call the National Coronavirus Health Information Line on 1800 020 080
We ask that you do not to attend if unwell or if you have travelled to a higher risk country or been exposed to a person with COVID-19 in the preceding 14 days.
THANK YOU to all our Sponsors. Please take the time to support those who support us.