You can still register on the day!
Sunday 7 March 2021
Commonwealth Place, Lake Burley Griffin
Where: Commonwealth Place, Lake Burley Griffin – this is the grassed area next to Questacon.
When: Sunday 7th March 2021
Start Time: 10 am with Registrations Starting at 9.15am (pending COVID-19 restrictions)
Distance: 5kms, Bridge to Bridge around Lake Burley Griffin – Route-Map-2021.pdf
|Entry Type||Early Bird Registration |
(closes Sun 7 Feb 2021) *
|Standard Online |
(closes Friday 5 March 2021)
|On The Day Registration |
(opens at 9.15am)
|Family (4 Individuals)||$95||$95||$120|
Parking Map: available here Parking-Map-2021.pdf
We are getting excited to see you and walk around Lake Burley Griffin this Sunday to bring awareness to epilepsy in our community.
Did you know that 8000+ Canberrans will be diagnosed with epilepsy in their lifetime? Thank you for doing your part in brining awareness to the condition and participating on Sunday.
We have now reached 10% of our fundraising goal – we are aiming to reach $15,000 to help keep the doors of Epilepsy ACT open.
If you would like to donate please click here
We have a wonderful prize for the highest fundraiser.
Thanks to Ladina Photography you can win a Family Photoshoot if you are the highest Fundraiser at the start of the walk.
Second highest fundraiser will win a voucher from The Tradies in Dickson.
It’s going to be an exciting day with lots of prizes. Don’t forget to wear your purple hats, clothes, costumes and hair styles as we have the following prize categories.
- Best Dressed Dog – pretty much speaks for itself, dress your dog in something purple, a bandana or such and the most creative wins a voucher from The Tradies in Dickson.
- Most Outstanding Outfit – this goes to the person with the most flair, or avant-garde or creative outfit on the day will win a voucher from The Tradies in Dickson.
- Lucky Door Prize – Thanks to Lindsay’s Beauty everyone who registers for the walk receives a ticket to go in the draw to win a $100 pamper voucher.
- First Person Back – if you are the first person back after completing the 5km walk you will win a 3-month Club Lime Membership, thanks to Club Lime.
- Best Dresses Team – do you have a group attending the walk? well why not co-ordinate outfits for that day? Don’t forget purple and you can win a voucher from The Tradies in Dickson.
- Purpliest Outfit – just come dressed all in purple and the most purpliest wins 2 tickets thanks to Dendy Cinemas.
- Funky Hair – if you are feeling a little creative with your hair, or want to make it purple, please do and you could win 2 tickets to the movies, thanks to Dendy Cinemas.
- Lucky Door Prize #2 – Thanks to Birds Nest everyone who registers for the walk receives a ticket to go in the draw to win a $100 voucher.
- And so much more…
Distance 5kms, Bridge to Bridge around Lake Burley Griffin – Route-Map-2021.pdf
Parking Parking might be a little tricky early on as the Balloons are being launched from the National Library till around 8am. But please check out the map for all your options of parking.
Available here: Parking-Map-2021.pdf
Accessibility The Walk for Epilepsy course is fully accessible to mobility scooters, wheelchairs and prams, but please note we start and finish on a grassed area.
Dogs on leads are also welcome.
BBQ We are excited to say we will be having a BBQ on the day, so you will be able to get your sausage sandwich on the day. But that’s not the exciting part you will also be able to get egg and bacon rolls, so don’t forget your extra coins as all proceeds come straight to Epilepsy ACT. Drink are also available to purchase at the BBQ.
Registration Registration opens at 9.15am, please come early to register and sign in to the COVID-19 app.
Even if you have registered online, we would like for you to be marked in please.
T-shirts If you registered as an Early Bird, you will be receiving your FREE t-shirt thanks to Capital Chemist. You can pick this up at the registration desk on Sunday or you will be sent some details shortly when you can pick them up prior.
Coffee We are incredibly lucky once again to have a coffee van onsite. Please don’t purchase one on your way but support our local barrister and grab one while you are there. I hare they are delicious.
Hats Please be SunSmart and bring a hat with you.
Face painting We have the exceptionally talented Deborah doing face painting this year. Can you think of something purple she can create you into?
Jumping Castle We are keeping the kids entertained again this year with a jumping castle. So, come along and bring the whole family.
All Early-Bird Registrations receive a FREE T-shirt - Book Now by clicking the button below
All Early-Bird Registrations receive a FREE T-shirt - Book Now by clicking the button above
Click here for T-Shirt size guide.
T-shirts are only available with Early Bird Registrations (which close on Sunday 7 February). This is due to ordering purposes – apologies for any inconvenience.